Saturday, June 28, 2008

Five Ultimate ftw

Yesterday, Zippy, bobby, allen, steve, jerry, annie, danny, claire, thunder, enway, iris, and I all went to Huntington Beach for a day of sun, surf, ultimate, and bonfire. We played a couple games of 4 v. 4, ebay vs. metro, etc. etc., but the reason I'm writing this post is about what happened during the bonfire.

I was getting up to go get more firewood from my car and walked about 3 feet away from the fire when i realized my keys were on my chair. Allen was sitting in it so I asked him to fish my keys out of the little cup holder on the chair and toss them over to me. So basically I was standing about 5 feet away from allen when I asked him, but between him and me was the bonfire which had been burning hot for about an hour already. So as allen grabbed my keys and was about to fling them to me, the thought of my keys falling into the fire entered my head but I thought... haha no this guy made friggin' Santa Barbara Condors. If he can throw a disc with the best... what's a simple 4 foot toss?

FAIL!

My keys got caught on his sunglasses (I don't even know how), and fell into the fire. The result was everyone just staring at it in the fire going "!!!!" allen, being the awesome guy he was tried to blow the flame out and was mildly successful and managed with one swoop reach in and snag my keys out of the fire.

However the keys had already been in the fire for a good 5-10 seconds and with these pictures, you can see the damage that was done.

I have this 5 Ultimate keychain I got from Natties and it 's designed to hold a nailclipper, but the one I got was empty and it managed to fit my USB stick which originally broke off my keychain. So I had that in there, and when it fell into the fire, the keychain began to melt and warp, but it managed to keep my USB stick from sustaining any damage. My little plastic cards on the keyring got all melted and burned, but otherwise, no harm done.

It was a funny moment. Just thought I'd share. =)


PICTURES





Five Ultimate FTW

-hammie




2 comments:

Jen said...

i loved how everyone just... stared at allen and the fire. i'm still surprised he stuck his hand into that thing. scary!

Monica Matsumoto said...

HAHAHA
I give you props for the amusing story